Welcome to Mama Malkavian's House
Posted on July 26, 2025 by Alison Rushing. Originally on WordPress.
The only brand I have that isn’t named Malkavian is my Etsy shop that I share with my husband, Rushing House Emporium. At our emporium, we offer t-shirts and gaming mats based on our interests in neurodiversity, K-pop, games, and dad jokes.
Welcome to my blog! I have attempted some blog concepts before, always promising that this will be my final blog. The difference with this one is that I have learned not to try to predict the future. I have no idea if this blog will be a success, or how I will define success.
I used to define success by viral posts and enough clicks to bring in an income through AdSense. That never happened for me, but I tried. Now, I will be successful if I post consistently and make what I consider a quality blog, a website that is interesting, cohesive, and tells a story while offering something informative to my readers. I’m going to start with posting consistently. Even that is something I will have to build up to.
![]() | |||
| Sasuke Malkavian (15 months), Sabrina Malkavian (4 years), Christmas 2024. Photo by Jamie Harmon at Amurica Portraits in Memphis, TN Right now, I am a stay-at-home mom with two pre-k children. I have read all these stories on blogs about blogging, encouraging moms to use their blogs for a work-from-home job. They claim that blogging is something one can do while maintaining SAHM status, taking care of the house, and the kids while blogging professionally. I have no idea how anyone does this because I found posting weekly to be a full-time job. And, taking care of the house is a full-time job; how many hours are there in a week for two full-time jobs?! If you know the secret, please tell me in the comments. I had a beautiful blog on WordPress.org through BlueHost in 2021. It was expensive. You can only get the cheap rates for the first year, and there are other costs. I have found that hosting is never cheap. Then, my blog broke. It literally BROKE! Every time I tried to log in from the back end, I received an error message. I couldn’t fix it because I couldn’t log in. I might have been able to get customer support to help, but I remember being up against a brick wall with it. I lost everything because I didn’t back up my posts on other files. It was truly a lovely blog with some of my best work. I think a plug-in failed.
I hope Mama Malkavian’s House grows! I invested in BlueHost again, so this one better work! My goal is to be self-employed through this blog and my other creative means. This is a homemaker mom blog. My favorite writing style is narrative, so my posts will show what my life and activities look like. Some things that make me who I am are that I am a stay-at-home mom with two pre-k children, I am autistic, and I really love cosplay. Like, I really love cosplay and even though it is not relevant to a homemaking blog, I should be sharing recipes and cleaning hacks… I’ll take any excuse to talk about cosplay and my other geeky interests. So, for the purpose of telling a story about myself and my family’s lives, this is a geek-mom blog, with recipes and cleaning hacks too. While planning this Mama Malkavian’s House in my notebook, I wrote a long list of future post titles and categorized them into topics. So far, my interests are:
My name is Alison Rushing. I am in my mid-30s (as of 2025) and live with my family in Arkansas. I have two kids, a daughter and a son. I studied journalism and art in college and graduated in 2019. I am a stay-at-home mom, but have a couple of side hustle businesses. I am a cosplayer and cosplay photographer. I set up a photobooth at comic cons and specialize in composite photography. I also have an adaptation of my booth that I do at K-pop events. I love Batman, The Sandman, Pokémon, Magic: The Gathering, My Little Pony, Neopets, Disney, and Sailor Moon, to name a few. I LOVE cosplay! While I haven’t been competing for very long, I love pushing my costumes to the best of my abilities. I expect to work cosplay into my blogging topics because I love to include my family and do group costumes. I have long-time interests in birthday parties, tea parties and English tea tradition, photography, and anime. |
Bunny was a very stupid malkavian. Malkavian is a clan in the Vampire world. Malkavians are supposed to be scary or disturbing; she was just silly. And a lot of my artistic style is influenced by kitsch. I like to be thoughtful, deep, esoteric at times, but I also tend to make a point through a joke or gimmick, so I am Bunny Malkavian.



.png)



Comments
Post a Comment